Reflection on our past unit

At the start of this unit and at when I had to research for my research question, I had already known that power has caused a lot of problems and disastrous events throughout history. I also knew that power in the wrong hands could damage society drastically.

However, when I was researching, I found out that corrupt people abuse their power so they become corrupt leaders, but power itself does not corrupt. I had always thought that power always corrupted people because all the important leaders I’ve known throughout my life in Malaysia and Vietnam had always been corrupt. But my research made me realize the truth, for example, I forgot that parents have power over their children but it does not make them corrupt.

After my research, I encountered some difficulties. For example, I count it very difficult to put all the information I found into an infographic because I wanted a lot of people to know what I discovered because I think it is a very important point that not many people realize. So I thought an inforgraphic would be perfect since its purpose was too convey information quickly. Also I had to state how power corrupted people, which was quite hard and it required me to think deeply and slowly because we often don’t see the process of how someone actually abuses the power and eventually becomes a corrupt leader.

Therefore, throughout the whole unit I have acquired much more clearer knowledge of power and also I can now do inforgaphics more easily since this unit made me practice that skill. Furthermore, it has made me think of solutions to how we can stop a person from abusing their power and becoming corrupt and how we can help a corrupt leader to realize their mistakes and fix them before its too late.

0 comments on “Reflection on our past unitAdd yours →