Reading journal

In the last few weeks, I read Roald Dahl’s collection of short stories which really impressed me even with the first story because it was really short yet felt complete and it was very interesting which I find quite hard to do in short stories because I think some short stories progress to fast and makes me confused and does not feel complete. The one thing that mainly makes me wonder about this book are the characters, because they have such bold and unique characteristics that you don’t usually find in real life so it’s always a pleasant surprise for the characters to react in a very different way to what I would expect. For example, I did not expect that Stag and Stuffy would actually carry out their plan in kidnapping and freeing the girls which would be very unrealistic and quite unlikely to happen in real life because people always say things they never mean to carry out. If I could step into the story I would like to help Stag and Stuffy with the kidnapping because in the story, both are drunk and put the lives of the women in danger by riding the horse carriages drunk, so I would’ve liked them to let the rightful driver transport them instead of Stag and Stuffy themselves taking over and putting a lot of lives in danger.

0 comments on “Reading journalAdd yours →